If your hearing isn’t as good as it once was, you’re not alone. Hearing loss is very common – especially as the years roll by. In fact, there are millions of people just like you who could probably benefit if they had a device to hear TV better.
Many of those people might be surprised to discover how much of a difference a reliable TV listening device can make. That’s because hearing loss is usually a gradual process, so you might not realize how much your sense of hearing has changed.
Hearing Loss by the Numbers
The National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD), one of the National Institutes of Health within the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, reports that, “Approximately 15% of American adults (37.5 million) aged 18 and over report some trouble hearing.”
Here are some additional findings from the NIDCD:
- Age is the strongest predictor of hearing loss among adults aged 20-69, with the greatest amount of hearing loss in the 60 to 69 age group.4
- Men are almost twice as likely as women to have hearing loss among adults aged 20-69.4
- Non-Hispanic white adults are more likely than adults in other racial/ethnic groups to have hearing loss.
- Non-Hispanic black adults have the lowest prevalence of hearing loss among adults aged 20-69.4
- One in eight people in the United States (13 percent, or 30 million) aged 12 years or older has hearing loss in both ears, based on standard hearing examinations.5
Help for Hearing Loss
Thanks to modern technology, there are many ways to address hearing loss. Surprisingly, though a relatively small number of people take advantage of that technology. “Among adults aged 70 and older with hearing loss who could benefit from hearing aids, fewer than one in three (30 percent) has ever used them,” the NIDCD reports. “Even fewer adults aged 20 to 69 (approximately 16 percent) who could benefit from wearing hearing aids have ever used them.9”
Fortunately, if you can’t hear the TV, you don’t have to get hearing aids. Our unique TV hearing aids allow you to hear every word. For more information about out dual headphones for TV, please contact us or order yours now.